[daip] AIPS installation problem with displaying new images

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 13 11:12:56 EST 2005

Christina Lacey writes:

   You do come up with the best problems!

 > I installed AIPS on a computer running Fedora Core 2 on a SCSI disk.  I
 > had previously had AIPS installed on this disk with RH 8.0 with the AIPS
 > data disks on a separate SCSI disk.  I was forced to do a fresh
 > installation of Fedora in order to upgrade this computer.  I installed
 > AIPS on the disk with Fedora and connected the data disks on the
 > separate disk that I had not changed.
 >
 > I had moved a separate data AIPS to another installation of AIPS before,
 > so I had not anticipated any problems.
 >
 > My problem is that I cannot display any images that I have made after I
 > reinstalled AIPS.
 >
 > The images that I made prior to the new installation are fine. I can
 > display the old images in the tvwindow.  I can make new images with
 > IMAGR  and can do DOTV 1, the images display in the tvwindow and I can
 > use the TV instructions to manipulate the cleaning.  I can then use
 > TVSTAR and other routines with DOTV 1. If I try to display another image
 > or redisplay the imafe I just made that I have made after I reinstalled
 > AIPS, I get the following message:
 >
 > AIPS1: TVFIND: NO MA IMAGES ARE ON ACCORDING TO CATALOG.

      This is a strange message for TVLOD - what verb are you using?

 > IMHEADER displays the header information properly and MCAT displays all
 > the images in the catalog properly. CAT only shows the current file

      which is what it is supposed to do.

 > however. I can do KNTR with DOTV -1, and create plot files that I can
 > print with LWPLA.
 >
 > Any idea what I messed up and how I can rectify my problem?

     Not really.  There are a couple of thoughts:

1. Outside AIPS check what AIPS things are running.  I was wondering
somehow if there were 2 versions of XAS or TVSERV or whatever.  Try
TKPL on one of the plot files too.

2. cd $AIPS_ROOT
   source LOGIN.CSH       (or . LOGIN.SH for bash)
   $CDTST
   RUN POPSGN
   0 POPSDAT TST
   <cr>

then in AIPS after giving your user number

   compress
   GETN n
   INPUTS TVLOD
   TVLOD