[daip] AIPS installation problem with displaying new images

Christina Lacey clacey at mail.psc.sc.edu
Wed Jan 12 20:56:24 EST 2005

I installed AIPS on a computer running Fedora Core 2 on a SCSI disk.  I
had previously had AIPS installed on this disk with RH 8.0 with the AIPS
data disks on a separate SCSI disk.  I was forced to do a fresh
installation of Fedora in order to upgrade this computer.  I installed
AIPS on the disk with Fedora and connected the data disks on the
separate disk that I had not changed.

I had moved a separate data AIPS to another installation of AIPS before,
so I had not anticipated any problems.

My problem is that I cannot display any images that I have made after I
reinstalled AIPS.

The images that I made prior to the new installation are fine. I can
display the old images in the tvwindow.  I can make new images with
IMAGR  and can do DOTV 1, the images display in the tvwindow and I can
use the TV instructions to manipulate the cleaning.  I can then use
TVSTAR and other routines with DOTV 1. If I try to display another image
or redisplay the imafe I just made that I have made after I reinstalled
AIPS, I get the following message:

AIPS1: TVFIND: NO MA IMAGES ARE ON ACCORDING TO CATALOG.

IMHEADER displays the header information properly and MCAT displays all
the images in the catalog properly. CAT only shows the current file
however. I can do KNTR with DOTV -1, and create plot files that I can
print with LWPLA.

Any idea what I messed up and how I can rectify my problem?

Let me know if you need additional information or clarification.

Thanks, Christina
Prof. Christina Lacey		lacey at sc.edu
University of South Carolina	office: 803-777-6089
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy	fax: 803-777-3065
Columbia, SC 29208