[daip] corrupted default POPS vocabulary?

Stefanie Muehle muehle at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Jan 12 14:23:44 EST 2005

Dear AIPS wizards,

we recently upgraded AIPS on our SUN from 31DEC01 (via 31DEC03, which was
never really working properly) to 31DEC04. The program works fine for the
established users, but if I type in a new user number (i.e. "Loading a
brand new POPS vocabulary"), AIPS doesn't even recognize the most basic
commands, e.g.

>mcat
AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       MCAT

After a "restore 0" in one of the established accounts, AIPS has
"forgotten" all commands, too. Thus I suspect that the file that contains
the default POPS vocabulary is corrupted. Where can I find it and can I
replace it with the one of the 31DEC04 linux version, which runs fine on
my laptop?

Thank you very much for your help!

  Stefanie Muehle

PS: We are using 31DEC04/SUL/SYSTEM on the SUN and 31DEC04/LINUX/SYSTEM
on the laptop.