[daip] 31DEC04

Neil Nagar nagar at crab.cfm.udec.cl
Thu Jan 6 15:52:58 EST 2005

Dear DAIP (Eric?),
Have  tried to install (the frozen) 31DEC04 (tarball downloaded
6th January i.e. yesterday) and came across
a potential problem (see below). The first part of the problem could
be on my system (am using gcc-2.95.3, but still get this error, maybe
the *.in files are really missing?).
The second part is almost certainly a mistake in the distrubution
(the statement about "autoconf" which should have been commented
out). Can this be fixed in the distribution?
thanks, neil.