[daip] AIPS OTF procedures

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Feb 28 17:52:34 EST 2005

Dear Grace,

First, a completely different topic than what you asked:
How old is your 12m data?  How old is your AIPS?  The 12m
used to use a Solaris box (I think) to write the data now
it uses a Linux box, so the data is byte-swapped from what
it used to be.  Eric recently (January this year) changed
OTFUV etc to detect this, if you have an AIPS from before
that and your data was written after the switch then AIPS
will not load in your data correctly.  I do not know when
the 12m changed to Linux.

O.K., for your questions:  I think you are right and the latest
manual us the Sept 21, 1999 version.  The easiest thing to do
is to set OBSDAT to the directory that contains your data, as
an environmental variable (in the same window you are going to
run AIPS and before you start AIPS).  You can also copy the
OFTPROC to the $FITS or some such directory and change it,
then set VERS = 'FITS' and run it from there.

Get back to me if you need more detailed instructions.

Cheers,

Amy