[daip] AIPS OTF procedures

Grace Wolf-Chase grace at horta.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 28 16:03:50 EST 2005

2/28/05

To Whom It May Concern:

I've been trying to read 12-m SDD files into AIPS off a DVD at my home
institution, using the procedure OTFPROC. OTFPROC reads in files from a
default OBSDAT directory, and it looks like it's probably trivial to change
the code so the infiles are specified differently (maybe 'PWD:   ' instead?);
however, I hesitate to fiddle with default procedures that come with the
standard AIPS package, so I wanted to check with you first. (?) The latest
manual that was written for processing 12-m OTF data in AIPS is version
Sept. 21, 1999 (by Jeff Mangum). I realize that the 12-m is no longer an NRAO
facility, but since some of us are still using AIPS for 12-m OTF data, I'd
appreciate any help you might be able to provide :-)

Thanks,

Grace Wolf-Chase, Ph.D.
SRA, University of Chicago, Dept. of Astronomy & Astrophysics
Astronomer, Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum