[daip] IMLOD won't read in a FITS image

RALLIS at mps.ohio-state.edu RALLIS at mps.ohio-state.edu
Mon Feb 7 11:33:53 EST 2005

Dear Eric,
     I have the 31DEC05 version of AIPS. Independent of whether I try to
read in a FITS image from disk outside of AIPS or from a tape file,
IMLOD gives the following set of error messages before it "dies of
unnatural causes":
     ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 15 NREC 6
     ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 5121 THRU 6144 BEYOND EOF = 5120
     ZERROR: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
     CATDIR:  I/O ERROR READING CATALOG FILES: 3
     MCREAT: CATDIR IO ERROR = 3
     MAP CREATE ERROR

The AIPS DATA disk to which I am trying to read in the image
is listed in NETSP with allowed users 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.
This disk has a SPACE file with permissions -rw-rw-r--
and it has MS, RL, TG, SG files with my user number. It contains no
CA file (or CB or MA or UV files)
I assumed a CA file would be created when the first image
was read in.

                                                 Michele Kaufman