[daip] INSTEP2 failed

alessandro parlavecchio alessan30 at yahoo.it
Sat Feb 5 10:05:01 EST 2005

Hi,

i have a problem installing Aips on a Linux machine Mandrake 9.2, kernel 2.4.22, with two gcc 2.95.3 and 3.3.1.

After run the INSTEP2, it appears the following message:

..

COMRPL: Copied /home/Alessandro/AIPS/31DEC03/LINUX/PREP/ZXLX8.o

COMRPL: to /home/Alessandro/AIPS/31DEC03/LINUX/LIBR/APLLINUX

COMRPL: removed /home/Alessandro/AIPS/31DEC03/LINUX/PREP/ZXLX8.o

COMRPL: changed /home/Alessandro/AIPS/31DEC03/APL/DEV/ZXLX8.FOR

COMRPL: in /home/Alessandro/AIPS/31DEC03/LINUX/INSTALL/APLGEN.LIS

COMRPL: to /home/Alessandro/AIPS/31DEC03/APL/DEV/ZXLX8.FOR

COMRPL: at least one module FAILED to compile

COMRPL: Dies of unnatural causes

INSTEP2: compilations.

INSTEP2: Aborts! Sat feb 5 13:17:48 CET 2005

AipsWiz: Error: INSTEP2 failed, no point proceeding

AipsWiz: look in /home/alessandro/AIPS/31DEC03/LINUX/INSTALL to see if you can figure out AipsWiz: what went wrong. There are many log and list files there. You may want to do

Grep –v  ^-  *.LIS

AipsWiz: Error: to see what module did not compile

AipsWiz: Install Wizard stopping. Current settings saved in ~/.AIPSRC

AipsWiz: Abandoning ship! Goodbye

So following the indications I send the script

[alessandro at localhost aips]$ grep –v  ^-/home/alessandro/AIPS/31DEC03/ LINUX/INSTALL/*.LIS

having in return the subsequent list

/home/alessandro/AIPS/31DEC03/LINUX/INSTALL/APLGEN.LIS: /home/alessandro/AIPS/

                                                                                              31DEC03/APL/DEV/UNIX/ZABORS.C

                                                                                                                                 /UNIX/ZXDRST.C

                                                                                                                     /DEV/ZABOR2.FOR

                                                                                                                      /DEV/ZWINC.FOR

After all  what can I do to complete my installation?

Thanks in advance