[daip] A suggestion on placing of Menu Items on TV in AIPS task IMAGR

Subhashis Roy roy at astron.nl
Wed Dec 7 06:26:42 EST 2005

Hi,

I would make one request on the placing of the Menu item 'Abort Task' in
Imagr while it appears on the TV during CLEAN. At present, while using
the option SDI Clean (Imagrprm(4)), 'Abort Task' appears just on top of
'Force SDI Clean'. While doing extended source Imaging, I need to hit
that button often. However, while doing Clean for a long time, the whole
Facet sometime appears full of Emission in the lower resoluton image
(during MRS) causing the buttons to have little contrast with the
background, and in the process of hitting the 'Force SDI Clean', I tend
to hit the button on top of it by mistake resulting in wastage of time.

I believe the Menu items should be placed in such a way that most used
items (and least problematic if mistakes are made) are put close to each
other. In that sense, I believe that it will be appropriate if you move
'Stop Clean' and 'Abort Task' to the place where TVBOX and REBOX appears
now on the menu on TV. These two items are used quite often, and do not
cause any problem if hit by mistake. This will then require us to focus
on Menu items on Left to be much less than is at present, and would
minimise the chance of hitting the STOP CLEAN or ABORT TASK button by
mistake.
Thanking you.

Subhashis