[daip] Cookbook suggestion

Walter Brisken wbrisken at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Aug 25 12:28:37 EDT 2005

I noticed a minor point that I think could use some attention in the AIPS
cookbook:

In the 31-Dec-2004 cookbook, section 9, page 42, it is mentioned that "...
for polarization experiments, the parallactic [spelled wrong in the book]
angle correction (VLBAPANG), ..."

Note that for phase-referencing (especially astrometry) the parallactic
angle correction is essential as the parallactic angle difference between
calibrator and target is different at different stations, and thus there
is an extra phase error that needs correcting.

Also under section 6 of page three, this correction is suggested, but
probably not strongly enough.  Perhaps again in section 9.4.4.3 it should
be mentioned.

-Walter