[daip] aips problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 12 17:34:08 EDT 2005

Jennifer Donovan writes:

 > i'm getting an error message from aips that i do not understand. i can
 > "uc" and "mc" without a problem, but anything else i enter at the prompt
 > results in:
 >
 > >tget imagr
 > AIPS 1: ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
 > AIPS 1: ZDIR: DATA
 > AIPS 1: ZTXMAT ERROR =      2
 >
 > do you know what the problem is? i have never had this issue before, but
 > this week i tried to access aips remotely on my laptop and started to get
 > the message. i thought it was just an issue with the remote connection,
 > but now i'm back at my regular workstation and i'm getting it once more.
 > help!

Somehow the adverb VERSION has been filled with something bad.
Type in aips

version = ' '

and try again.  Check that the other adverbs are not messed up.  If
they seem to be, do a restore 0 and be sure to EXIT or KLEENEX rather
than just crash out of aips.  (Your lASTEXIT save/get file may have
the bad value in it.)