[daip] Problem with remote tape

Alan Marscher marscher at bu.edu
Mon Aug 8 18:49:40 EDT 2005

Hi AIPS gurus,

We have two Linux computers running 31DEC04 classic AIPS, the machine
with the only 4mm tape drive having just been updated from 31DEC02.

The system with the tape drive can read tapes just fine. The other
system can mount and dismount a tape, but cannot read it. The error
messages are:
ZTPOPR: Remote tape system returns error code 99
ZTPOPN: Remote open error 99 TO
TAPIO: Error 99 opening file

I imagine that it's an easy problem to fix but couldn't find any
guidance from the AIPS website (which of course isn't to say that it's
not there!). So, if you could suggest a fix, Svetlana, our student
Frannie, and I would be grateful.

Cheers,
Al Marscher