[daip] AIPS Querie

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 4 16:16:20 EDT 2005

Hi Julia,

I ran UVSRT and then INDXR on the UVSRTed file and I got the following
error from INDXR:

INDXR1: TABINI: REQUESTED FQ FILE   1 DOES NOT EXIST
INDXR1: FQINI: ERROR INITIALIZING FREQUENCY TABLE FOR READ
INDXR1: PROBLEM WITH TABLE OBJECT fq table

This is caused by the fact that the file you sent me had a CH table
rather than a FQ table.  I then ran UVCOP, which created a file with a
FQ table, and then ran INDXR and it ran with no errors.  So to summarize:

1. UVSRT on original file
2. INDXR on UVSRTed file -> dies because no FQ table
3. UVCOP on UVSRTed file
4. INDXR on UVCOPed file -> runs fine with no errors.

What is odd (besides the fact I don't get a sort error from INDXR) is
that the image header you sent me of your UVSRTed file has an FQ table.
  How did you get that, was there a step you did before UVSRT?

What version of AIPS are you using, on what type of machine?

Thanks,

Amy