[daip] aips error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 29 15:59:59 EDT 2005

Antara Basu-Zych writes:
 > Hmmm... Our system admin has been swamped so I was trying to bypass
 > him. But it looks like the problem is somewhere in the set up of our
 > system. I tried your suggestions but I got errors in running FILAIP as
 >
 > FILAI1:  ZCREA2: ERROR CREATING SPACE LOCK FILE = DA00 :SPACE
 > FILAI1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00: BQD000000;
 > FILAI1: ZERROR: IN ZCREA2 ERRNO = 2 (No such file or directory)
 > FILAI1: FILE TYPE BQ CREATE ERROR       4
 >
 > which repeats...
 >
 > Unfortunately our sys admin is new and I doubt he knows exactly where
 > to look exactly either, if you have any
 > ideas.

Sounds worse than I had hoped.

Is this a setup for many computers at Columbia all based on a single
copy of AIPS?  If so, what we do is the following:

1. Enter host names and site and architecture in
$AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.LIST on the master computer

2 On your computer which I will call HOST:
     define some directory for AIPS
     cd to that directory  - I will call it <directory>
     mkdir HOST
     mkdir HOST_1
     touch HOST_1/SPACE.

3. On the master
     cd $AIPS_ROOT/DATA
     ln -s <directory>/HOST_1 HOST_1
     cd $AIPS_ROOT/DA00
     ln -s <directory>/HOST HOST

4. Edit $AIPS_ROOT/DADEVS.LIST and NETSP to include
     $AIPS_ROOT/DATA/HOST_1  (where the $AIPS_ROOT will probably have
to be spelled out in full)

5. Then on HOST try the FILAIP again.

the link files have to be set up one computer at a time.  One or more
computers can be done in a global way with the procedure SYSETUP which
takes an argument for one computer or will do the full list in
HOSTS.LIST.  A master machine has to have been setup first with FILAIP
and POPSGN.

Normally install.pl does the master machine but if there are many
machines then there is more to do after it finishes.