[daip] Intel compiler

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 18 13:48:42 EDT 2005

We need to have a license for an Intel Fortan and C compiler for aips.
Our use will be to compile and build binary load modules which we will
use internally and also make available to our user community.  We will
probably have to offer run-time libraries as well.

This will require some negotiation with Intel and determination of
some fee for us to pay.

The intel compiler previously did not seem worth the troble but a
student has investigated it options and finds that it can outperform
GNU compilers (170 vs 130 about).

Since Ruth is gone, I guess you are the one to arrange for this.

Thanks,

Eric