[daip] core subtraction

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 28 11:06:28 EDT 2004

slipnick at brandeis.edu writes:
 > My question is what kind of a model should be used to be subtracted from a
 > data set with the task uvsub?

     Note that the task UVMOD may also be used to subtract a simple
source model.  But the answer to your question is that you should
subtract your model of the source whatever that may be.  If you have
cleaned the object you might subtract a Clean components model -
perhaps edited by CCEDT to be a model of some part and not the rest of
the source.  To remove a simple core, use a point source model with
SMODEL in UVSUB or UVMOD.

 > also after I subtract the core and then want to us dbcon to combine sets of
 > data is the output of uvsub the file I can combine?

The uv file out of both of these tasks is just a normal uv file.  You
may do anything to it that you would do to any other uv file -
although you had better remember that it is missing some of the
source.  DBCON, IMAGR, etc are perfectly fine.