[daip] error with DAT and FITTP

Kevin Healy KEVIN.HEALY at asu.edu
Tue Sep 21 13:17:06 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to write some data onto a DAT tape using FITTP.  I am getting the
following errors:

yso.la> FITTP1: Task FITTP  (release of 31DEC04) begins
yso.la> FITTP1: Writing to tape drive number   1
yso.la> FITTP1: Writing at current tape position
yso.la> FITTP1: Writing beginning-of-write EOFs
yso.la> FITTP1: ZTAPE: LUN128 IO ERROR AT   1 OP OF BEGW SYS ERR CODE 0005
yso.la> FITTP1: ZERROR: IN ZTAP2 ERRNO = 5 (Input/output error)
yso.la> FITTP1: ERROR     3 BEGINNING WRITES WITH EOFS
yso.la> FITTP1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
yso.la> FITTP1: yso          31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=     420

I am using the following inputs:

AIPS 1: FITTP:  Task to write maps or uv data on a FITS-tape.
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: DOALL        -1                    1 (T) do all, -1 (F) do 1st.
AIPS 1: INNAME     'AH861_31AUG '          Image name(name).  Standard.
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'CH 0  '                Image name(class). Standard.
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Image name(seq. #).
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Disk drive #.      0 => any
AIPS 1: INTYPE     'UV'                    File type.     Blank => any
AIPS 1: OUTTAPE       1                    Tape drive #.  0 => 1
AIPS 1: OUTFILE    '                                                '
AIPS 1:                                    Disk file name
AIPS 1: DOEOT        -1                    1 (T) go to end tape first.
AIPS 1: DOSTOKES     -1                    > 0 => Convert to true
AIPS 1:                                       Stokes (Formal I)
AIPS 1:                ******** Changed 12/2/93 ***********************
AIPS 1: DONEWTAB      1                    >0 standard FITS binary
AIPS 1:                                       tables (15JAN94 or later)
AIPS 1:                                    <= 0 AIPS FITS binary tables
AIPS 1:                ************************************************
AIPS 1: FORMAT        0                    tape format:   0 => 3.
AIPS 1:                                        1 for 16-bit integer
AIPS 1:                                        2 for 32-bit integer
AIPS 1:                                        3 for 32-bit IEEE
AIPS 1:                                          floating point
AIPS 1: BLOCKING     10                    tape blocking factor (<= 10)
AIPS 1: CATNO         0           0        Limit range of DOALL

The machine is a PC architecture workstation running RedHat Linux 7.x.  The
DAT drive is connected by a SCSI bus.  I haven't had any previous problems
with this distribution and yesterday I successfully FITTP'd another dataset
to tape using the same drive.

I have now cleaned the drive with a cleaning tape.  I've also tried
two different tapes, just in case I was dealing with a bad tape.

Any help in diagnosing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

				Thanks,

					Kevin

|        Kevin R. Healy        |   email: kevin.healy at asu.edu   |
|       Graduate Student       |                                |
|    Physics and Astronomy     |   phone: (480) 965-7652        |
|   Arizona State University   |                                |
|     Tempe, AZ 85287-1504     |   web: eagle.la.asu.edu/healy  |