[daip] AIPS in Cambridge

gtaylor gtaylor at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Sep 9 08:39:13 EDT 2004

Hi Eric,

   Thanks for the tips.  After a little more thrashing about we fixed the
permission problems and definitions of DA00 and DA01 that were stopping us
and got AIPS to the point where it seemed to be working ok.  We could
create files, etc.  Next we started to use VLARUN to process some data.
This showed a curious error which is that CALIB finds solutions for only 1
IF.  We tried another dataset and got the same result.  Then we processed
the same data on my laptop and had no problems.  So, my question is have
you ever heard of CALIB failing on half the solutions due to a
configuration problem?  We are using the 3.3.3 GNU compiler.  We are
strongly considering rebuilding aips with 2.95.3.  Ciao,
                                                 - Greg