[daip] installation problem "can not guess host type"

Wes Young wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Oct 28 23:45:11 EDT 2004

Debbie,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I'm single parenting
for a couple of days and had to look after my boys this afternoon.

I think the best option is to include a more modern version of readline
in the AIPS distro.  I will talk with Eric about adding it. To solve
your short term problem, I would suggesting getting the latest version
readline from gnu and installing it into /usr/local (there is an option
in the install script to specify whether to install readline or use an
existing copy).  You should check to see if libreadline is installed in
/usr/lib, if not I can supply directions if you or your system folk
need them.

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu