[daip] AIPS Installation

Greg Castanon GCastanon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 17:08:13 EDT 2004

Hello, I'm a student at Washington University in St. Louis, picking up
a project that requires the decoding and use of some of the data from
the VLA.  I figured that installing the AIPS would be a good start.
I've downloaded it and run it (under Sun's CommonWindows desktop,
using the GNU compilers)...however, I get the following errors (when I
try to compile F2PS.c, and then for subsequent files):

Parse error before "ppthreat_attr_t"
warning:  no semicolon at end of struct or union
Parse error before "}"

After a certain number ot these errors, the installation fails.

Have you had any experience with errors such as these?  Is there any
further information I could provide that would be helpful?

Many thanks in advance.

-Greg