[daip] AIPS TV queries

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Oct 27 12:13:00 EDT 2004

Dear David,

Unfortunately, I am not going to be a big help to you.
Our main expert is away for the week, so he might have
something more helpful to tell you when he gets back.

It looks like you are doing the right thing trying to shut
the TV down using KLEENEX.  The other thing to try is to
move the cursor to the TV window and hit the Esc key. Both
of these things should kill the TV daemon.  However, it is
true that the socket will still be busy 5 or more minutes
after you have killed the TV, which means you cannot start
another TV.  The best thing to do in that situation is just
wait until the socket becomes unlocked.

As for you other TV problem, does this only happen on the
Sun Ray 1 clients?

Cheers,

Amy