[daip] AIPS trouble

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Oct 26 12:16:36 EDT 2004

Hi Mercedes,

You didn't give me enough information for me to tell what the
problem is, but here is my attempt.

1. NETSP should look something like this:
#
# ZDCHIN will look for this file in $NET0 if it succeeds in translating logical
# NVOL, indicating that the AIPS network data disk allocation facility is in
# use.  The system is implemented via the DADEVS.CSH script which defines NVOL,
# and DA0[1-F].
#
# Note: The system barfs if there are any TABS in this file!
#
# ZDCHIN interprets each entry as
#    1) location of the data disk (translated value of DA0[1-F])
#       e.g.  /DATA/ATELES_3
#    2) the TIMDEST limit for the disk, in days
#       e.g.  7.0
#    3) eight AIPS booking system user numbers (-1 as 1st for scratch disk)
#       e.g.  1   29    0    0    0    0    0    0
#
# Disk name             TIMDEST   --------------Allowed Users-----------
/DATA/AAKASH_1            365.0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
/DATA/AAKASH_2            365.0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
/DATA/AGAVE_1             365.0   13   14 2187    0    0    0    0    0
.
.
.

2.  You have just transfered an existing AIPS directory?  See
    the AIPS Manager FAQ at http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/aipsmgr/
    under the question "How do I configure new AIPS data areas?".

    WARNING: you cannot transfer data areas between Linux and Solaris.
    They have different data formats.  Also there were some data
    format changes with time, so how old was the AIPS you were using
    at the other institution?

3.  Yes, if the data is in the right format you will be able to access
    it with the userid you used before.

Cheers,

Amy