[daip] A minor documentation error in 31DEC04 Classic AIPS IMEAN.FOR

Samuel Conner samuelconner at mail.arczip.com
Wed Oct 20 15:20:49 EDT 2004

To Whom it may concern,

  I am hacking IMEAN.FOR to add some features I would like and I noticed that the preliminary comments which list the ADVERBS which are input into the routine do not match the .HLP file or the INPARM common.

Specifically, DOCAT, LTYPE and OUTFILE ought to appear after FUNCTYPE, and TVCORN, which is listed at the bottom of the comments, is not in fact an input adverb.

  This is unlikely to be of any consequence, and there are fewer and fewer of use who still use Classic AIPS, I suspect. But having noticed it, it seemed right to bring it to the attention of the Classic aips people.

  Thank you for this amazing package. May it, and all of you, live forever!

Sincerely yours,

Sam Conner