[daip] Re: aips & gbt data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 18 13:09:50 EDT 2004

Pat Crosthwaite writes:
 > hi eric,
 >
 > i have some otf gbt 21cm line data.  there are certain aspects of the
 > aips++ gbdish methods that i'm not thrilled with.
 >
 > i was wondering if there was any plans to provide task similar to the
 > otfxxx tasks available for 12m data reduction ?

I was told in no uncertain terms not to do this.

Of course, I am not noted to listen to such things.  However, the GBT
data format is a disaster and I would be loathe to have to figure out
is labyrinthine insides.

GBT personnel are now working on an IDL package.  Perhaps if you
talked with them you might be able to get improved methodology in
their new package.