[daip] FINDR,FLAGR

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Oct 18 10:03:46 EDT 2004

Just thought I'd let you all know that I experimented with
these tasks on a 43 GHz data set from CnB configuration.
Since I used fast switching, and an integration time of 3
seconds, the data were quite noisy, so the 'TIME'
optype actually found very little bad data.  The first
calibrator scan had one antenna quite low in amplitude,
and both FINDR and FLAGR managed to locate it.
There were no outliers above 8 Jy or so, and that was
within the noise of some of the poorer baselines in 3
seconds.  FINDR and FLAGR didn't find anything,
which was consistent with the fact that I couldn't
find any obvious outlier points when I plotted up the
data with UVPLT.  It just showed some baselines
noisier than others.

I'm still a little unsure about how best to use the other
options, such as VDIF and VRFI, though I can see from
the descriptions in the help files what they're supposed to
do.

There seems to be an error in the EXPLAIN file for FINDR.
It describes OPTYPE 'TIME', then OPTYPE 'VDIF'
twice.  I think the last one is supposed to be
OPTYPE 'VRFI'.

Not sure if this report is very helpful, but since Eric has
wanted to get more people to try it, I thought I'd pass
on my experience.  I have a larger 43 GHz data set that
I will try as well, probably on an airplane some time this
week.

Jim