[daip] (no subject)

Marcin Hajduk Marcin.Hajduk at astri.uni.torun.pl
Mon Oct 11 15:19:23 EDT 2004

Hi,

my name is Marcin Hajduk. I am a PhD student in astronomy. I am attempting
to install aips on my computer (red hat linux). I downloaded the lastest
version of aips (31DEC04). When I am trying to run aips, a statement appear:

STARTPMON: [ORION] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
ZVTPO3: tcp/aipsmt0 is not a service
ZVTPO3: check /etc/services or NIS map!

and a longer one in the message window:

ORION > TPMON1: Begins on 2004.10.11 21:00:34
ORION > TPMON1: ZVTPRO: CHANNEL ASSIGN ERROR FOR REMOTE TAPE LUN   16
ORION > TPMON1: Unable to create socket.  ZVTPRO error     6
ORION > TPMON1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL CAUSE number      6
ORION > TPMON1: orion        31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
ORION > TPMON1: Begins on 2004.10.11 21:01:22
ORION > TPMON1: ZVTPRO: CHANNEL ASSIGN ERROR FOR REMOTE TAPE LUN   16
ORION > TPMON1: Unable to create socket.  ZVTPRO error     6
ORION > TPMON1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL CAUSE number      6
ORION > TPMON1: orion        31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

What should I change in /etc/services to run aips properly?

Another problem is that when I am trying to read in radio VLA data using
FILLM procedure, the procedure 'adds' 1 in the end of the filename. If the
filename is (for example) '1711', the procedure looks for a file named
'17111'. Even if the procedure looks for a proper filename, it can not read
the data. I will be grateful for any advices and help.

Marcin

(this is what I see in the message window during attempting to read in the
file with radio data data)

ORION > FILLM1: Task FILLM  (release of 31DEC04) begins
ORION > FILLM1: UV data will be written in compressed format
ORION > FILLM1: Shadow flag limit =  2.500E+01 meters.
ORION > FILLM1: Opacity correction in CL table weighted average of weather and
ORION > FILLM1:    season.  Weight for weather = 0.50
ORION > FILLM1: Gain curve correction in CL table read from file,
ORION > FILLM1:    with variation as function of antenna and band.
ORION > FILLM1: Opening MYAREA:1711
ORION > FILLM1: FLDKIO: LBYTES=    5440 BUT IERR = 0
ORION > FILLM1: Opening MYAREA:1712
ORION > FILLM1: ZTPOPN: DISK DEVICE = MYAREA:1712 NOT FOUND
ORION > FILLM1: FLDKIO: ERROR   2 OPENING FILE
ORION > FILLM1: MCRECO: ERROR    8 OPENING DISK FILE    2
ORION > FILLM1: No data found meeting selection criteria!
ORION > FILLM1: Read         0 visibilities from  1 files
ORION > FILLM1: Appears to have ended successfully
ORION > FILLM1: orion        31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0