[daip] Re: Fwd: polarization image

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 23 11:34:13 EST 2004

Joseph McMullin writes:
 > I'm not sure if this is for you or us but here it is in case you
 > wanted to respond...

Do you mean AIPS (the old Classic package) or aips++ (the new
experimental package in C++)?

I am not sure what you mean by manual either.  AIPS has a "CookBook"
in which imaging is discussed in Chapter 5.  See
    http://ww.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/cook.html
Basically you run IMAGR with STOKES='Q' and 'U' after having
calibrated your data fully (including the polarization).  That
calibration is described in detail in Chapter 4 of the CookBook.