[daip] Re: return of a CALIB failure (31DEC04 AIPS)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 23 10:44:51 EST 2004

Daniel Lebach writes:

 > In June I wrote the daip (= you?) about a CALIB problem I had that
 > appeared after you NRAO folks made modifications to the code.  You
 > very promptly replied, identified the problem, and fixed it.
 > Unfortunately, the identical problem has returned.  Below is a copy
 > of my emails to you back then.
 >
 > Would it be easy for you to correct the problem again?
 >
 > The version of CALIB I now run (31DEC04 AIPS under Linux w/
 > "midnight job" updates) DOES include the message:
 >
 > CALIB5: WARNING: PURE BASELINE RATHER THAN ONLY ANTENNA SOLUTIONS ALLOWE

What are you trying to tell me?  I added this message to warn the
naive user of CALIB that he is doing a two-antenna solution.  You, as
someone deliberately doing this, should mentally respond to this
message by saying "good."

Was the inclusion of all the stuff that has been reflected a couple of
times supposed to suggest that there are more problems?

Did you set DOFLAG?