[daip] Image permission

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 17 22:41:17 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:30:27 -0500, pgrim at notes.cc.sunysb.edu said:

> I would like your permission to include a version of the Andromeda image on
> your m31HVCs page

If the page in question is this one:

                  http://www.nrao.edu/pr/2004/m31HVCs/

then the correct address to ask about such things is images at nrao.edu;
I'm cc-ing that address here.

> in a paper called "Concrete Images for Abstract Questions: A
> Philosophical View," to be included in a conference proceedings on
> imaging edited by Evan Selinger at Rochester Institute of Technology
> (publisher and date as yet unknown).

> I cannot afford to pay any fee for this use.  May I nonetheless have your
> permission to include the image?

I'll let our Education and Public Outreach people answer the question.
I'm not sure if it's subject to the same rules as our image gallery:

            http://www.nrao.edu/imagegallery/image_use.shtml

If it is, it probably falls into section I.A.1. (Education / Research
use) and in that case I don't see a problem.  But Lee Shapiro is the
ultimate arbiter of such details.

				- Pat

PS. followups redirected to images at nrao.edu.
--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.           NRAO, Charlottesville, Virginia
 Division Head, CV Computing        NRAO Computer Security Manager