[daip] Extremely slow TV based tasks

Poonam Chandra poonam at mailhost.tifr.res.in
Tue Nov 16 12:37:09 EST 2004

Dear Eric,
	Greetings.

> I saw nothing unusual in the messages.  This makes me wonder
> (particularly with your comment about SPFLG slowing down with time)
> about page faulting and that sort of stuff.  How much memory does your
> machine have?  Is your swap disk on the same spindle as an AIPS data
> disk?

The total physical memory of my machine is 497.10 MB. The free physical
memory is just 12 MB. I see that Swap memory is being used, may be that is
making the machine slow. The SWAP disk and AIPS data disk are different.
But when I had 2003 version of AIPS, I had no slowing down problem then I
don't understand why I am facing this problem now. Could it be due to
different versions of AIPS? Or gcc (version 3.2.3) be the culprit?

> Was your previous TV display pseudo-color (your current one is
> TrueColor).  The latter is rather slower than the former although with
> modern machines that is not normally significant.

I always used true color for TV display.
Regards
Poonam.