[daip] AIPS can't see my data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat Nov 13 19:25:21 EST 2004

Thanks - the gnu 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 compilers produce code that, as you
have discovered, does not always work.  There may well be a simple fix
- a few routines to compile no optimize - but I have not spent the
time to find those.

I recommend that you install a compiler that works.  We have the
2.95.3 compiler on our web site and 3.2.3 was worked on to find the
routines that would not optimise correctly.  The aips web site has
info on all this:

http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/

http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/compiler.shtml

It seems that manufacturers have a bad record of shipping versions of
the OS with gnu compilers that are less than reliable.