[daip] AIPS trouble

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 2 11:57:22 EST 2004

Mercedes Esteves Filho writes:

 > Hi...Thanks for the email. We have managed to get the correct
 > disks to be seen by AIPS. Now, I have several AIPS IDs for
 > different data. AIPS can only access data with one userid.
 > For the rest of the data I get the following error when
 > I write UCAT or MCAT:
 >
 > >mcat
 > AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  1
 > AIPS 1:    Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt    Last access     Stat
 > AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  2
 > AIPS 1:  Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt     Last access      Stat
 > AIPS 1: Catalog on disk  3
 > AIPS 1:  Cat Usid Mapname      Class   Seq  Pt     Last access      Stat
 > AIPS 1: ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 15 NREC =        6
 > AIPS 1: ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 5121 THRU = 6144 BEYOND EOF = 5120
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZFI2   ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
 >

 > ANY IDEAS?

Other than still being worried that you have copied Solaris files to
Linux, not really.

Outside aips

cd 3rd data area
ls -lt CA*

see how big the CA file that applies to this user number actually is.
AIPS keeps info about how big the file should be in the file but also
knows a bit about how big it actually is.  These data disagree on the
third data area CA file.

Inside aips, try setting

USERID=32000
MCAT

The user number is encoded in the CA file for each entry.  If there is
some problem (e.g. byte swap), then the apparent userid will not match
the aips-login value and so not be listed.

Eric Greisn