[daip] Re: uvcon

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue May 25 10:12:26 EDT 2004

>1.- Is it possible to specify the array coordinates outside the Earth?
>I know that the coordinate system information is in the  auxiliary
>input file, but I am not sure how to specify the position of the
>satellites.

Everything is possible in the life. UVCON can simulate right now only
the ground based array.
Simulation of a space located array requires essencial modification
of the codes.

>2.- How can specify that my antennas are dipoles and not dishes. It seems that
>BPARM(6) is not able to manipulate dipoles, is it right?

Actually the dish diameter is given at the input file. This diameter is used
to estimate the signal to noise ratio when the noise is implemented (BPARM(1)>0.
You can calculate the equivalent diameter of the dish which has the same effective area as you dipole.

BPARM(6) is used to calculate the primary beam. This is required for the higher level of simulation: pointing error, mosaic...
I do not think you need to bother about this now.

I recomend you to start simulation with a simple mode, comprehed it and then
go to more complicate options.

Leonia