[daip] ISPEC bug when using outprint and ZINC=-1

Lincoln Greenhill lincoln at cfa.harvard.edu
Sun May 23 21:54:41 EDT 2004

Hi Eric,

31DEC03 AIPS. RH9.0 LINUX.

When I dump ISPEC data to a text file and also reverse the axis with
zinc=-1, the first column in the text file is not calculated correctly.
I think the problem is with the sign of the channel increment not taking
into account the value of zinc. In effect, the column's values are flipped
around the reference pixel.

This used to be a problem as well for POSSM (c. 2000) when spectra were
dumped to text files. I believe one of our students reported the POSSM bug
to NRAO.  However, to be safe, I mention it here, in the event it fell
between the cracks.

Regards,

Lincoln

--

Lincoln J. Greenhill               Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Office:     1 617-495-7194         60 Garden St, Cambridge, MA 02138
Cell:       1 617 851 8918         E-mail:  greenhill at cfa.harvard.edu
FAX:        1 617-495-7345         http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~lincoln

Through July 2004: Kavli Institute, Stanford University,
                   Box 20450, Mail Stop 29
                   Stanford, CA 94309
                   Cell: 1 617-851-8918
                   FAX:  1 650-926-8570