[daip] Coord conversion from VLA equinox 1950 epoch 1979.9 coords to FK5 J2000 coords

Sean Dougherty sean.dougherty at nrc.ca
Thu May 20 19:24:55 EDT 2004

Eric, or whoever the DAIP is today,

I'd like to combine data that have too different "equinox" definitions -
one B1950 and the other J2000. I know this is possible using the gethead
/puthead tasks to insert coord values for the reference pixel. having
done the coord conversion outside of AIPS. However, is there an AIPS
task that does it for me.

The VLA coords for my calibrator are equinox 1950, epoch 1979.9, FK4 and
I'd like to get to equinox 2000, epoch 2000, FK5

REGRD seems to be the closest task to what I want but there appears to
be no way of stating that the input equinox is B1950 and epoch 1979.9,
FK4. Is there a task that does this for me, or do I have to manipulate
the header info by hand?

Sean

Sean M. Dougherty
National Research Council
Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics		www.drao.nrc.ca/~smd
Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory        250 490 4329 (direct)
PO Box 248, Penticton BC. V2A 6K3	 	250 493 2277 (switchboard)
CANADA
					250 493 7767 (fax)