[daip] Re: problem with remote TV

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu May 6 10:32:17 EDT 2004

Shoshana Rosenthal writes:

 > We upgraded a linux system from RH 7.3 to RH 9.0.
 > Since the upgrade aips users only on  SUN computers cannot open a
 > TV.
 > The error message is
 > -------------
 > xterm Xt error: Can't open display: babar1:0.0
 > The user ran xhost + prior to starting aips.
 >
 > The security level on the linux machine has not changed.
 >
 > Do you know what the problem might be?

No - we had no problem with this transition although we have very few
Sun machines left.  The user should try with $DISPLAY set to
barbar1:0.0 things like xclock.  I bet they do not work also.  This
would suggest that the loopback that cause his machine to recognize
itself as an internet machine is not enabled.