[daip] AIPS

Tracy Clarke tc4g at astsun.astro.virginia.edu
Mon May 3 14:51:09 EDT 2004

Hi,
	I am using the latest AIPS (updated today) on my machine and when
trying to run POSSM I got the following error:

>I/O recursion: I/O started while already doing I/O
apparent state: unit 86548097

I've tried several sets of inputs and always seem to get this error. The
data set was just loaded from the archive server (it was observed
yesterday). I checked that possm works with an older data set I have on
disk. Things like LISTR and UVPLT work on the new data but the POSSM gives
the error above if directed to the TV and if I send it to a plot file I
get lots of Tic algorithm errors:

hercul> POSSM1: TICINC: TIC MARK ALGORITHM FAILED! CONTINUING.

Any thoughts? Thanks,
						Tracy Clarke