[daip] TV problem

Aeree Chung aereecat at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 14:51:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm Aeree Chung, a grad student in astronomy at
Columbia University. Recently I've been having some
problems in AIPS TV. If I leave the TV not running
for a long time (about a day), the connection between
the machine and the TV is gone and the TV won't do
anything. Usually I could fix the problem simply by
restarting AIPS or logging out and in again which
doesn't work any more. Thus my system manager had to
reboot the machine to fix it in the other day. But
I don't think it could be a permanent solution.

Do you ever get the same kind of problem report and
what would you recommend me to do in this case?
Thanks.

Aeree