[daip] another error message

Chao-Shan Chen cschen at asiaa.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Mar 25 21:32:35 EST 2004

Dear Amy and Eric,
Thanks for your reply.
The problem happened when a short network break interrupted NFS sharing.
This is why my colleague's aips think that TC file is used by another
aips session ( the DA00 area is on the NFS server).

And here I need your suggestions that, currently I setup the AIPS site
on a NFS server, I run SYSETUP on the server for a new client say 'albireo'.

So in albireo, it's $AIPS_ROOT is on the server, $DA00 is also on the
same server. Only data area like $DA01 $DA02,,, located local.

I would like to ask a question that, if I want to setup $NET0/ALBIREO to
be at local disk, then which one shall I do:
1, let $NET0 still be $AIPS_ROOT/DA00, $DA00 still at the NFS server.
and (symb link) ln -s $AIPS_ROOT/DA00/ALBIREO to say
/albireo/AIPSDATA/ALBIREO_0 (which is a local disk directory). This
case, DA00 is still on the NFS server, while only in host albireo, the
$DA00/ALBIREO link is found.
Then SYSETUP still run on the NFS server for new client like albireo,
but I need to do extra ln -s at each client for the $NET0/ALBIREO (aka
$DA00/ALBIREO) for the local real location.

2, or let each DA00/(HOST) being at the local disk space, only
$AIPS_ROOT be on the NFS server?
How to do that? modifying the LOGIN.?SH or AIPSPATH.SH and define $DA00
or $NET0 using a hostname related variable?
Then running SYSETUP on the client like albireo instead of on the server
when adding a host to the site?

My thanks again.

Cheers
Joshua