[daip] Re: another error message

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 25 16:02:46 EST 2004

The TC file is used by SHOW and TELL.  If part of the system goes down
and part statys up, then the NFS file locking may think the process
that owned a file is still present when it is not.

This is helped if you have the $DA00 files for each computer actually
on that computer.  We do this by have the $NET0 ($AIPS_ROOT/DA00) area
contain "directories" as it must but they are actually ln -s to
directories on the machines that use them.  Before we did that we
would get wierd claims of continued file locks that did nolt match
what we thought was reality.