[daip] Re: error messages

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 22 10:23:53 EST 2004

Chao-Shan Chen writes:
 > Dear Eric,
 > My colleague's aips session keep generating the following error messages
 > in AIPS command console
 >
 > ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC = 2488
 > ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 2546689 THRU = 2547712 BEYOND EOF = 966656
 > ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
 > MSGWRT ERROR 3 AT WRIT
 > AIPS 1:
 >

 > and in the message window
 >
 > aips_msgsrv
 > iapetu> MSGWRT ERROR 3 AT WRIT

The message file has been truncated somehow - the data at the
beginning thinks that the file is 2487 records long while in fact it
is only 944 records long.  The best thing to do is exit aips, go the
the first data area and delete the message file that is defective.

It is named MSDuuu000.uuu; where uuu is the user number in extended
Hex (base 36).

Note the daip address - it is good when I am on travel/vacation.