[daip] Activating MNJ

Hugh D. Aller haller at umich.edu
Mon Mar 15 18:20:02 EST 2004

Dear AIPS group,
      I last updated our AIPS installation (on our LINUX machines) in June
2003 (a full install of 31DEC03 as of June 1, 2003).  You guys have made a
number of improvements since then, and we are very interested in getting
some of them.  I assume that the easiest way for all concerned is to
activate the midnight job update system.  If there are any reasons that it
would be better to do a complete upgrade, please tell us and I will down
load a current tar ball and do a reinstall.
     I have set up the MNJ code (using MAKE.MNJ) to the point where I am
ready to add a task to cron.  At the end of the make file it asks that I
contact NRAO for a transfer time to enter in the cron script.  What time
would be best for us to use?
Thanks
Sincerely,
hugh