[daip] Tapering problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 11 10:45:06 EST 2004

Krista Mäkinen writes:

 > I should convolve a 22 GHz map (beam size 0.159 X 0.121, PA=1.37)
with a larger beam (0.359 X 0.227, PA 30.56), but the resulting image
is always distorted or bad. Is there any way to make a good image?

The program you should use is CONVL.  It does its function with
fourier transforms and so is more efficient with images that are a
power of 2 on a side.  You have provided me no information with which
to answer your question - what program are you using, what is the
IMHEADER of the input image, what are the inputs to the task you are
using, what is wrong with the output images?  I may even need to have
your images, but some look at some details first may be enough.