[daip] VLA.GAINS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 9 16:00:02 EDT 2004

Kristine Spekkens writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 >  I am in the process of reducing L-band spectral line data, taken in C and
 > BC configs. My aips installation is 31DEC03.  When I load my raw data in
 > with FILLM, it can't find the file VLA.GAINS:
 >
 > FILLM1 10:45:35 Trying to access VLA antenna gains file...
 > FILLM1 10:45:35 ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
 > FILLM1 10:45:35 ZTXOP2: /home/space1/aips//TEXT/IONS/VLA.GAINS
 > FILLM1 10:45:35 ZTXOP2: FILE TO BE READ DOES NOT EXIST
 > FILLM1 10:45:35 Standard gains file not valid or failed!
 >
 >  How do I get this file? Should I worry about this at all?

This suggests some significant problems with your aips installation
since this file should have been installed along with the
documentation files, source list files, etc etc

If you can run a midnight job on 31DEC03 it should replace the missing
file.  What frequency have you observed at?  The gains do not matter
much at low frequencies.

ERic Greisen