[daip] error messages

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 4 11:09:00 EDT 2004

Chao-Shan Chen writes:
 > Dear aips folks,
 > My colleague got the following error messages after the host crash. When
 > the host restart, his previous running task seemed unable to run
 > anymore. Could you find out how to restore his DA01? Thanks in advance.
 >
 > Best Regards
 > Joshua

    Without more information I cannot help you.  In particular, the
messages that appeared as AIPS starts up.  These will - I guess - show
that the disk 1 is not accessible.  Outside of aips try

cd to the disk area for disk 1
ls -l

to see if the disk is working.  In particular there should be a 0-byte
file named SPACE with rw privilege for the user.

Eric Greisen