[daip] Re: AIPS

Robin Herrnstein herrnstein at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Jul 14 11:43:38 EDT 2004

Hi Eric-

I am sending your response along to Eilat Glikman, who has done the most
work investigating the problem.  She'll send a summary of the problem and
the tests they have run to the "daip" account soon.

Thanks,
-Robin

PS:  I saw some of your bird pictures on your website.  They're quite
nice.  Sometime I'll have to show you some of the bird pictures that Jim
and I got in Africa.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Eric Greisen wrote:

> Robin Herrnstein writes:
>
>  > Hope all is well in Socorro.  I was wondering if you could tell me who the
>  > current "Designated AIP" is.  We've got a technical AIPS question
>  > regarding IMAGR, and we would like to run it by someone out there to see
>  > if you all have ever heard of this effect before.  If you could tell me
>  > the appropriate person to contact, I would appreciate it.  The AIP page
>  > hasn't been updated since 2002:
>  >
>  > http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/d_aip.html
>  >

> The correct address is daip at nrao.edu.  One of us will field the
> question - usually me for IMAGR and many other things since the group
> is very small.  I do ask others in the group to handle certain things
> and they cover for me when I am on vacation.
>
> Eric Greisen

|Robin M. Herrnstein                               |
|       Dept of Astronomy, Columbia University     |
|       Mail Code 5246                             |
|       550 West 120th St.                         |
|       New York, NY 10027                         |
|office:1318 Pupin Hall                            |
|       212-854-6831                               |
|email: herrnstein at astro.columbia.edu              |