[daip] Re: UF AIPS catalog problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 6 10:43:18 EDT 2004

Veera Boonyasait writes:
 > Hello again,
 >
 >   Yes, I do have read/write permission. And it is very well possible that
 > we are dealing with crossed architectures. How would I go about telling
 > RECAT or AIPS to recognize EUROPA_1 as a viable disk in Solaris as well as
 > linux? Currently, only the linux machines are able to read EUROPA_1. It
 > has been awhile since I have managed AIPS and I have forgotten how and
 > where to specify the data area.
 >
 > Thus, I do think that some of the AIPS-ureadable data were created on a
 > Solaris machine but have been inadvertently moved to a linux partition and
 > are subsequently unrecognizable by RECAT. Could I simply move the files
 > onto a valid Solaris AIPS disk and RECAT?

    Try a cp not a mv to be safe and be sure that the Solaris area has
no files with the same user number.

   I am still unsure how it could go through all those CB files with
no messages.  The ZOPEN call messages are suppressed and there is for
certain a message if ZOPEN works.  My only theory of failure on ZOPEN
was privilege.  You are part of the student group?

Eric Greisen