[daip] Mac OS X AIPS install crash

Schuyler Van Dyk vandyk at ipac.caltech.edu
Fri Jan 2 19:34:30 EST 2004

Dear Eric:

I have grabbed the 31DEC04 version, plus the compilers and readline files,
successfully ran the Install Wizard, edited the /etc/services file, etc.
And, now I have gotten to the point where I can fire up AIPS.  However, in
the xterm window, it does not know that the machine is "LOCALHOST".  It thinks
my laptop is called "SCHUYLER-VAN-DYKS-COMPUTER," and AIPS obviously can't
find that host in the HOSTS.LIST or the corresponding data area in the
DADEVS.LIST, and fails to start up.

How can I convert "SCHUYLER-VAN-DYKS-COMPUTER" to "LOCALHOST"
for X11, so that AIPS can now finally run (hopefully!)?

Thanks very much.

Schuyler

> From: Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu>
> Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:31:16 -0700
> To: "Schuyler D. Van Dyk" <vandyk at ipac.caltech.edu>
> Subject: Re: [daip] Mac OS X AIPS install crash
BAYES_01 -5.40, IN_REP_TO -0.37, REFERENCES -0.00, USER_AGENT_VM -0.06,
X_AUTH_WARNING -0.40)