[daip] IMAGR error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 26 19:19:50 EST 2004

Yosi Gelfand writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > 	I'm using AIPS version 31DEC04 and trying to using IMAGR to reduce
 > some 20cm continuum data I pulled off the archive.  When I run IMAGR I get
 > the following error message, which causes IMAGR to end prematurely:
 >
 > atavis> IMAGR1: GRDFLT: X and Y convolution type = SPHEROIDAL
 > atavis> IMAGR1: GRDFLT: X and Y parms =  3.0000  1.0000
 > atavis> IMAGR1: GRDFLT: convolution function sampled every 1/100 of a cell
 > atavis> IMAGR1: FOR GRIDDING NEED  1416725 HAVE ONLY  1310720 WORDS IN 'AP'
 > atavis> IMAGR1: PROBLEM AS POSED WILL NOT FIT EVEN IF DATA ARE SORTED
 > atavis> IMAGR1: OUVIMG: MAKING BEAM BEAM field number 0001
 > atavis> IMAGR1: OUVIMG: FROM UVdata work object
 > atavis> IMAGR1: CLNINI: ERROR OPENING CLEAN process object
 > atavis> IMAGR1: CLNUV : ERROR CLEANING CLEAN process object

Your system was built with a small AP - it needs a larger one.

Edit $INC/NOTST/$ARCH/PAPC.INC

COMRPL $APLGEN/ZDCHIN
COMRPL $QOOP/*.FOR $QPSAP/*.FOR
COMLNK $AIPNOT/SETPAR $QPGOOP/*.FOR $QPGM/*.FOR $QPGNOT/*.FOR
COMLNK $QYPGM/*.FOR $QYPGNOT/*.FOR

RUN SETPAR and change the AP size to thelargest it will accept.

Note - you should be thinking about facets anyway for L band.

Try SETFC with IMSIZE and CELLSIZE 0.