[daip] Re: AIPS question: MCUBE

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:03:28 EST 2004

The problem is that you readily associate the FREQ axis with the
FELO-HEL alternate axis but the software does not.  Furthermore the
Earth rotates.  If you try COMB on the 4 cubes with the FREQ axis
present, then COMB will rightly tell you that the FREQ axes are not
identical.  COMB would be happy if you had done an ALTSW on all 4
images and then combined them (DOALIGN 1 would have have been fine).

MCUBE cannot combine the two images you sent (the chan 36 one has FREQ
in its axis and the Mean one has (finally) velocity in its axis).  Do
an ALTSW on the channel 36 and I suspect that MCUBE will work.

You did not send the INPUTS to MCUBE so I did not attempt any
examination of the code to see if there might be a problem with a
plane insertion.

BTW - the method you used to attach the text files is not well
understood by my mail reader - plain text dropped into the message is
easier.

Let me know what happens and if it still does not work send me the
inputs.